Sunday, February 22, 2009

Praise is what I do.


Praise is what I do.

Imagine a gospel choir – in all its glory – singing that phrase. With soul, passion, conviction. Praise is what I do!

I had the pleasure of watching an amazing gospel choir at the fiveFOURone (a Saturday night contemporary church service). It was an experience I will never forget. Hands raised, tears shed, dancing feet, spirits strong, and hearts full.

In all things I wish I could praise Him. Good times. Bad times. I want to be able to look back on my life and know without a shadow of a doubt that I was praising the God who gives and takes away. My Father - who loves unconditionally. My Savior - who refreshes me and makes me new. My Redeemer - who makes all things good. My God - who is in control.

Praise is what I do. That’s my new mantra! In all things, I will PRAISE HIM!

“When I get to heaven ________ (fill in the blank).” Everyone has something to put in that blank. Mine has always been: “When I get to heaven I am going to sing with the sisters!” In a full gospel choir, with a soulful voice, uninhibited, and passionately SING God’s praises!

Saturday night was a tiny little piece of heaven for me. Just a second of a glimpse of what I can bask in all of eternity in.

Even though tears, Praise is what I do!

No comments: